5.12.2005

Sleep Without Rest

I have been sleeping through the night the last several days. That is unusual for me. I usually wake up three or more times a night, for various reasons. That has not been the case this week. I have been sleeping until around 6:30 without waking up, but I still am not feeling rested at all. I think my body succeeds in shutting down, but I don't think I'm getting the kind of sleep I need to actually renew my body and feel refreshed in the morning. It's strange. I've gotten A LOT of sleep, and have no energy to show for it.

I think, like everyone else around here right now, I am a little depressed, and that is part of the problem. And I'm dreaming a lot, as well. Last night I had a lot of dreams, but they all involved fights and conflict in one way or another. That can't be healthy. Then again, most of the dreams I do remember are the same way--a lot of conflict, fear, flight, and fight...I rarely remember the really "good" dreams, that's for sure. This morning, for instance, I woke up with a deep sense of being anxious and dreading...something...and I think I felt it the whole time I slept. No peace there, that's for sure. So, I fall asleep early and wake up feeling like I haven't slept! I need to shake this, whatever it is!

I feel the need to write about something positive, because I know there are good things going on in the world and good things going on in my life; even though right now the dark spots are much more obvious. So, because I feel like I need to add a little levity to these last few blog entries, I will end this one with this thought:

I love Sesame Street Vitamins. I know they're intended for little kids, but I love them. And I've been much better at taking my vitamins since I bought the Sesame Street Chewables a couple weeks ago. Whatever makes me happy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment