3.18.2005

Moment to Moment

It's funny how things can affect your mood. I woke up this morning to birds chirping and the sun trying to peek in around my blinds. It made me laugh and wake up happy. I took a quick shower, sat on my bed, and enjoyed the feel of the sun beating down on me as I tried to motivate myself to sit at a computer on the first truly beautiful day of Spring (even if Spring is technically still a couple days away).

And then I got to work. Someone I used to be really close friends with and I were supposed to have lunch today. Actually, we were supposed to have lunch or dinner sometime last week, but she cancelled on me last week at the last minute. I joked with myself this morning before I left my apartment about taking lunch, but decided that was rude and she wouldn't really do it again. So, around 9:30, I haven't heard anything from her. I send her a quick "are we still on for lunch" email...and no, we're not. Something has come up. Which I would like to understand, and I do to some extent, but at the same time, I'm like COME ON! If it's just not that important to you, then say that. She, of course, suggested sometime next week...but I have a lot going on next week and it's the week before Easter and a good friend is going to Austria on Thursday and there's a lot I'd like to do. So, my guess is she'll get all pissy because I told her that I was pretty busy next week and then I won't hear from her for awhile. It just put me in a bad mood. I know it's nothing against me, but when it keeps happening over and over and over again, it starts to feel like it actually is something against you, you know? I'm sure we've all been there and all felt that way, but it's still SOOOO frustrating to me.

Anyway, so that's been my morning so far. I'm getting ready to go out and run some errands, so hopefully some sunshine will make me feel a little less grumpy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment