7.13.2004

The Strangest Day Ever
Today is already shaping up to be one of the strangest days I've been through in a long time. It seemed to start out normal enough. I woke up late and didn't want to get ready. Anyway, it's approx. 8:49 a.m. and here is what has happened thus far:

~in the shower, I put my face wash in my hair...and yeah...tried to wash my face with my shampoo first.

~the news...two men were arrested in Martinsville yesterday for holding up a convenience store...next to the SHERRIF'S office.

~leaving the apartment this morning was like leaving an episode of "The Truman Show." That's right. First there was the character "Little Old Lady with 'Roids." She was all hunched over and walking so slowly it was almost backwards...with this kind of scary, kind of funny, kind of REALLY disturbing smile on her face. She was followed, at the same speed, by "Middle Eastern Man in really REALLY short Shorts and a big farmer hat." He was, let's see...SCARY :) I know this makes me sound a bit racist, but I assure you that is not the case. Confused, yes. Racist, no. :)

~on Country Club Lane...there was a man with a beard riding a motorcycle...and wearing a black lace bra on the outside of his clothes.

~at the roundabout...a Dodge RAM driving REALLY slow with what appeared to be a 12 year old behind the wheel...and a 2 year old bouncing all over the seats....

~Audrey, the 50 something woman who is our business manager, just karate-chopped a bug on her desk.

So that's been my morning. I feel like I'm in the middle of the children's book "Wacky Wednesday" only it's Tuesday....Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. It's mornings like this that make me miss you and being your roommate. I love that you find so much humor in everyday life the same way I do. I love that just reading your descriptions is enough to make me sit at my desk and laugh. I love being your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete