7.29.2004

"Open the gates, and seize the day"
I've been singing songs from "Newsies" since yesterday.  It's a great show, so that's fine with me.  I'm well aware that it's a Disney movie, but this song has always been an anthem of sorts for me..."don't be afraid and don't delay."  That is the new song of my life.  My fears (of failure, of being outcast, of people not liking what I do or not liking my style) have kept me from following the passions of my heart for long enough.  I am going to change that.  More writing.  Look for acting opportunities outside of the SOCC Drama Ministry.  Do something positive in the world.  Put myself out there and embrace my God-given abilities and gifts. 

I like what The Message says about it (Romans 12:6)  "Let's just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren't."

Just go ahead and be what we were made to be...I bet it's harder than it sounds...

In an attempt to do just that, I have started another blog.  This one is for my writing.  Skits, Poems, short stories...fiction, nonfiction...it will all be here now.


No comments:

Post a Comment