3.28.2004

100 Things about me…

I think this is going to be a lot harder than I really thought…


100. I am terrified of going blind.
99. Sometimes when God whispers, I hear Him more clearly than when He yells.
98. Living with Liz and her billion shoes and clothes is still one of my favorite college memories.
97. I love strawberry Ice Cream.
96. I thought the love I feel for Tim would never happen.
95. I wanted to cry when the Care Bears came back out. I like them that much.
94. My mom is one of my best friends. I hope someday I’ll be ½ the woman she is.
93. She also makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world.
92. I’m proud of the fact that Agape, my fish, has been alive since September.
91. Sometime during my 1st year of college, I became a bit of a neat-freak.
90. There is a little of Monica from “Friends” in me—I actually LIKE to organize.
89. “The Wonder Years” will always be one of my favorite TV shows.
88. My dad’s death when I was 17 changed my life forever. I miss him like crazy.
87. I’m more insecure than anyone will ever know.
86. I think a clear, starry night is the most romantic thing in the world.
85. I thought I understood what love felt like—and then I met Tim.
84. I have a permanent watch line on my left hand.
83. My step-dad has never treated me like a step-child. I love you, Harry.
82. I love everything about airplanes and flight. Call me a nerd, I’m okay with that.
81. I lived on stage in High School. I would love to do it again.
80. I would much rather make other people happy than be happy myself.
79. I learn something new about myself every day.
78. “Newsies” is the best live-action Disney musical I’ve ever seen.
77. I can quote most of “The Princess Bride” word for word.
76. I didn’t want to watch “Singing in the Rain” when my mom and Harry brought it home the first time. Now it’s one of my favorite movies.
75. I want to be a writer, and know I have a story—but lack discipline.
74. I actually like to fish.
73. I actually do not like to drive.
72. “Harold and the Purple Crayon” taught me the power of imagination.
71. I love to travel, but I also love to come home.
70. Sitting in silence is perfectly fine with me.
69. I wouldn’t mind a bit if Liz and Jenny woke me up in the middle of the night laughing at ALF again.
68. Sarcasm is a gift that not everyone was given.
67. My roommate has been my best friend for most of my life.
66. It frustrates me when people I know and love are hurting and I can’t make it better.
65. I have an unusually close relationship with my 12 year old brother. He ROCKS and I think he’s amazing. He’s also 12 years younger than me.
64. I was scared of my house growing up. Not my family. The actual building.
63. I think the final monologue of “Our Town” is one of the best pieces of theatre ever written.
62. I read Shakespeare for fun.
61. My fingernails are never all the same length.
60. I rarely leave home without a book.
59. “The Giver” is one of my favorite books. You have to read it to understand why.
58. I love to listen to the elderly tell their stories.
57. Sometimes I get jealous when my friends do things without me. It’s bad, but it’s who I am.
56. Billy Joel is still my favorite singer.
55. I love to give and receive hugs.
54. Being in the arms of someone you love and who loves you is the best feeling in the world.
53. I’m 24 and I still enjoy going on family vacations—with my family.
52. My aunt Barb is crazy. At least she’s aware of it 
51. New things, places, and situations scare me.
50. Sometimes I’m afraid of letting people see the real me.
49. I love to play cards with my mom.
48. New York City is one of my favorite places in the world.
47. There isn’t a song in RENT that doesn’t remind me of college.
46. I can count my close friends on my fingers.
45. Walking through the woods in fall makes me breathe a little deeper.
44. I regret that I’m not as close to my step-mom and my siblings up in Michigan.
43. I used to live in Oklahoma. I really don’t remember much of it, though.
42. My hair is wash-and-go 98% of the time—mostly because I’m lazy.
41. The children’s book departments in Borders and BN are my favorite places to sit and relax.
40. I love to sleep in my big bed.
39. Prof. Linton was by far the most entertaining teacher I had in college…and she didn’t mean to be at all!
38. I always type with my fingers on the right keys.
37. Blue and green are my favorite colors—always have been, always will be.
36. My mom can recite me “The Cat in the Hat” without the book. She’s that cool.
35. I slapped a boy in 5th grade for calling me a not very nice word.
34. I need to meet more people.
33. The grocery store makes me angry. Don’t ask why, I just get frustrated and angry when I’m there.
32. I would love to take a cooking class or 50 and learn how to do it right.
31. My dream is to open a pajama store someday. “A More Comfortable You.”
30. Having my peers give me two theatre awards my Senior year of high school meant the world to me. I still have the awards.
29. I believe that crying is good for the soul sometimes.
28. I’m still finding Toy Story 2 stickers on my stuff from a random moment in college.
27. Mike Dodd will always be one of the most important people in my life, even if we were to never talk again.
26. Annie taught me more about being who I am than anyone else.
25. I believe there is no greater feeling in the world than laughing until you can’t breathe and cry.
24. I still sleep with a stuffed animal on my bed.
23. I hold myself to a higher standard than I would ever dream of holding anyone else.
22. I have a love-hate relationship with thunderstorms.
21. I’ve watched more bad Lifetime movies than I would care to admit-most of them with Rene.
20. “Return to Me” and “Never Been Kissed” are two of my favorite ‘chick flicks.’
19. The dollar theater is my favorite investment.
18. I’m a Christian and I like Harry Potter. It really IS possible.
17. I know God’s dreams for me are bigger than my own, but I still am afraid of failing, so I sit and do nothing instead.
16. I enjoy exercising.
15. I love to scrapbook, but need more money to do it right.
14. I love my church-the people, the worship, the teaching.
13. I get homesick more than I’d like to admit.
12. Most of the time I do not like being alone anymore.
11. I have the petals of every rose Tim has given me.
10. I keep cards from the people I love forever.
9. I’m afraid of my house catching on fire.
8. Iced Tea is my favorite summer-time drink.
7. I love to play miniature golf.
6. I used to cross-stitch a lot. I would like to again.
5. I love homemade Christmas Tree Ornaments.
4. I wear the same jewelry every day.
3. Walking around I.U. with Jennifer was very cathartic for both of us.
2. I worry about things way more than I should…even though I know there is nothing I can do to change them.
1. I am in love in a deep and profound way.

No comments:

Post a Comment