2.06.2004

This Road

Alone, cold, and frightened
I wandered in the night;
Looking everywhere and anywhere
for a little of Your light.

Yet this life I live is not my own, it is only Yours
And this path You have me on-
Well I'm sure I've been here before.

I've walked this road a million times before
It's never changing, never moving.
The same old sidewalk and that same old crack,
They're never mended, always broken.
I'm restless and lonely; I'm wandering aimlessly
And seeking Your love.

You said to love with all my heart
With all my soul, with all my mind.
You said to give everything to You
and to let You have all control.

But I'm tired of walking all alone
In the footsteps of my solitary soul.
I'm trying to let it go;
To let You love have all control.

But I've walked this road a million times before
It's never changing, never moving.
The same old sidewalk and the same old cracks,
They're never mended, always broken.
I'm restless and lonely; I'm wandering aimslessly
and seeking Your love.

I'm trying to run to Your outstretched arms
When the fear is too much to fight,
But I've relied on myself for so very long
I've learned to find solace in the night.

And in my separate silence
That's when I hear your calming voice.
And when I want to run to You
My lonely heart is justified

And each day is a new tomorrow
It's always changing, always moving.
And one day I'll know no more sorrow;
I'll be mended, no longer broken.
My restless heart and lonely life
WIll be at a wonderful perfect peace
When I'm constantly seeking Your love.


~Emily R. Burson, Fall 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment