2.04.2004

Humbled

Today I am humbled by how much I am loved and cared for and taken care of in this world. Sometimes I get so caught up in the moment that I forget the one basic truth in life: GOD will take care of me. He will provide. He always has and he always will. Why is that so easy to forget sometimes? I think it's because people try so hard to keep us in that state of near-panic. We want, we need, we survive on barely making it from one moment to the next. We choose to live this way instead of in the calm and powerful presence of the One who has promised to take care of us and love us and cherish us and always provide for us.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, " declares the LORD. Jeremiah 29:11-14a

This verse needs to become the first thing I think of every morning and the last thing I think of every evening. It needs to be the calm in the center of the storm of life. It needs to be a powerful reminder of my Savior and His love.

I must remember. I must take a break. I must calm down. I must breathe in deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment