12.15.2003

No Mistake About It

Winter has come to Southern Indiana. The "light dusting to an inch" we were supposed to get Saturday turned into a solid 3+ by Sunday morning. It's beautiful, I don't doubt that a bit...however, it's also cold and make the roads less that fun to drive on, which in turn makes me nervous and cranky.

I'm not really sure why or when my fear of snow kicked in full force. I think it was after not driving in it for awhile; I simply just stopped trusting myself as much as I should, which is just silly. I've only ever been driving in one accident, and that was not so much preventable. When you're driving a glorified box of tin, crest a hill and see a deer on the road, what are you supposed to do? So yeah, I made a pledge to myself this year to get over my fear of driving in the snow...and did...until it snowed. :) I didn't drive in it this weekend, not so much because I was 'scared' to but because I just didn't have the need. I was with Tim when it started, he took me home, and then we both had to be at the church at 6:45 a.m. on Sunday, so he just came and picked me up. That was when the roads were the worst, that's for sure. By the time we left church, the roads weren't nearly as bad, but then this morning...okay, so the roads were fine. My apartment complex, however, was a sheet of ice. a SCARY sheet of ice, to be exact. :)

AH well, what can you do?

In other news, my friend Annie is moving to Cape Cod one week from today. I cannot begin to tell you how sad this makes me. She is an amazing girl and one of my dearest friends and I am going to miss her terribly. Last night we got to spend some time together, which was really nice. I know we're going to be friends for a long time, but the idea that she's not going to be just down the road from me. I hoe she knows what she means to me and I hope she knows just how important her friendship is to me...she is one of a kind and I am blessed and honored to have her in my life. Here's to you, Annie :) Anytime you want to play Ptarmigan Ping Pong, I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment