The sermon this past Sunday was about words, and how they can hurt and harm. We are going through the book of James for the summer, and the verses for this week were about how the tongue is a small part of the body, but has a huge impact.
Since Sunday, I've been thinking a lot about the tongue, the words I say, the things I think, and how I want to me was nicer, way kinder and way more aware of the words I say every day to everyone I meet.
Sometimes I think if I could just actually see the words that come out of my mouth, I would definitely be more aware of them. I tend to speak without weighing my words sometimes, and when I do that in invariably leaves me looking silly or accidentally hurting someone else. I need to be more aware that words, all of them, carry power.
So, my goals as a result of Sunday are these:
- To choose kind words to speak, even when I want to say not nice things
- To choose to think about my words before I speak them and make sure the words I do use are the words that would lift someone up, not tear them down
- To choose to not say things that could be considered gossip or tearing-down of someone or some thing
- To be intentional about everything I say, think and write this week (and hopefully long after that)
- To share words that remind people they are loved, cherished and chosen
- To spend my words in prayer instead of complaint
- To not say things when I want to say them if there is even a chance they could be misconstrued.
you are enough intelegent to think by yourself its ul u nee a fiction to be who you are ...ReplyDelete
very nice.. no wonder they say "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can break my heart".. we have to be supa careful with our words.. :)ReplyDelete
In line Coach Outlet Online is bringing Michael Kors Outlet unique Coach Factory Outlet to a Toms Shoes USA shoe for Cheap Jerseys Spring/Michael Kors Outlet 2014 Coach Factory Outlet, and this Coach Outlet, it's a Coach Outlet. The Coach Outlet Sale Sandal Giuseppe Zanotti Outlet.Supermodel mom Coach Factory Outlet was Coach Factory Outlet Online being all kinds of hot this weekend Coach Factory Outlet she Coach Store Online out in a Michael Kors Outlet-turning, Celine Outlet I did, I was Celine Bags possessed by Fitflops Flipflops suit madness.Fitflops USA-there string Michael Kors during Michael Kors Store vacation in Tomss Hoes Bahamas. Fitflop Footwear by her family, the 40-year-old looked happy and relaxed - Fitflops Outlet, uh, did we Fitflops Sandals super hot? - as she Giuseppe Zanotti by the pool.I've Giuseppe Zanotti Designer making my own vanilla extract for years. I love it! It's cost-effective, and in my opinion, Vanilla extract is also (easily) the most used extract in my Prada Outlet , sort of pretty (although it kind of looks like spiders too) tastes way better than imitation vanilla extract.ReplyDelete