4.01.2012

A to Z Challenge - A

I've decided to participate in the A to Z challenge in April. I'm hoping to get far enough ahead to be able to have posts ready before life gets too hectic this month! Basically, you write a blog with each letter of the alphabet, starting with A, taking Sundays (except today) off.  While I don't know where this will take me, my basic theme for the month will be: passions and loves.

So here goes:



A is for Acting

I realized this weekend that it has been almost 2 years since I did any serious acting (where lines needed to be memorized, costumes, etc). And, I miss it a lot. I know I've talked about this several times, but I spent a large portion of my high school years on the stage. While it sometimes feels like a lifetime ago, it also feels like something that just happened. The memories of my favorite shows -  Our Town, Little Women, Much Ado about Nothing - are deeply embedded in my heart and mind. I spent a lot of time on that stage, and I learned so much about myself as a result of the stage. I learned how to be comfortable in my own skin, I learned that I had a talent to share, and I learned that sometimes someone else's words make it easier to communicate.

I haven't been as involved in community theatre in Bloomington as I would like. Shows haven't fit my schedule, or haven't fit my talents. There is a part of me that feels guilty for pursuing this passion when there are other "things" that need to be done. There is a lot competing for my limited time. I need to remember that pursuing this passion makes me a better person, a better wife and a better friend. I am hoping to be able to do something again soon, even in a small capacity.

What passion do you not pursue as much as you would like?

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by from A to Z! I'm glad you're aware of acting as one of your passions. One of my many passions that I don't get to spend enough time on is my music. For years, I've played the piano regularly, but nowadays, I don't have the time to practice as often as I had in the past, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came by from A to Z. My passion is quilting. With two little guys under 3, it will have to wait it's turn. Someday, dear sewing machine, we will meet again.

    ReplyDelete