1.29.2011

Not A Lot To Say Today

Today has been a good day; got to sleep in, ran some errands, and then had dinner and game night with great friends, JR & Ashley.  It was a Saturday that went way too fast, but I loved. I can't believe it's already 11:30am and I have to be up in just a few hours to go to church, run sound and see other friends.  Then it's home for lunch at home and relaxing.  And laundry.  But there is always laundry, so I'm not sure that's anything surprising.

I have been struck today with the memories of college - especially CSF leadership retreats.  There was so much hope and optimism in those retreats; we came back on fire to make changes and change the world.  I think, in some ways, we fulfilled those promises.  But there was always so much more left to do.  I miss that high that you get after leaving a retreat or conference, though.  It's a powerful feeling, both refreshing and overwhelming at the same time!

I am looking for a conference to attend this year to rejuvinate myself.  I've done Women of Faith the last couple years and would love to do that again; but August is soooo far away!  I am hoping to find something in the first half of the year.  And, no, I don't want to go to a conference for accounting or business.  I know it's part of my job, but it's not the refreshing part that I'm looking for!

So, that's been today.  And I'm sorry this has been such a boring post.  I will try and do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment