1.10.2008

I'm In!


So, for all of you waiting restlessly to hear whether or not I auditioned for "Through the Looking Glass," the answer is yes! Auditions were a lot of fun. They made me realize just how much I've missed theater and being on stage. They also made me realize how important it is for me to have a creative outlet with all the number-crunching madness I usually have in my life.


I was excited when I left, but also a little disappointed. I had re-connected with something that has been missing from my life for awhile and I realized how much I wanted to be part of something like theater again...and I was sure I wouldn't get a role. There are always a lot more girls than boys at these kind of things - and everyone there seemed to know everyone else - except me. I figured it was good I auditioned and that would be it.


Then, the email came this morning. The cast list was announced. And, guess what?!? I'm in! It's a small part, but it will be a lot of fun, and I am also going to help stage manage, so that gets me involved on many levels. I am soooooo excited. I almost cried when I saw my name on that list. It was like the first time I saw a cast list where my name was with a character instead of just "extra" or "townsperson."


Rehearsals begin Sunday and I cannot wait! I am sooo excited to have this opportunity!!!! Watch out stage, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Wow that's awesome, congrats Em!! Can't wait to hear more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!! So happy for you! I'm so glad you auditioned! And so glad people will get to see your beautiful face on stage. :)

    ReplyDelete