5.31.2007

The Roomba Factor

Of all the silly things Tim and I registered for during our engagement, the Roomba was definitely something we didn't really think we would get. I'll admit, I watched the infomercial about 100 times and I loved it. Plus, I'm a little lazy sometimes and HATE to run the vacuum, so I thought it would be perfect.


We didn't really expect to actually get a Roomba, though. It was one of those heck, why not, kind of registry choices.


So when we opened the box from my step-mom and her family, Tim & I literally cracked up. It was the Roomba! I waited a couple weeks (mostly until you could see the floor) and then tried it out. I'll admit, I actually laughed out loud the first time I used it. And yes, I do use the silly thing. I love it, actually. Take this last Monday, for instance. Tim and I went to the gym. We came home. I needed to shower and the floors were in dire need of some attention. So, what's a girl to do? I hit the clean button and went upstairs. Tim did some work in his office, and the little vacuum that could just did it's job. it runs into walls, backs up, and does it's thing. Awhile later it's done and goes back to the base to recharge and get ready for the next time we need it!


What can I say? It's fun, it's easy, and it sure helps me look like a better housekeeper than I actually am :)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 PM

    No WAY! That works?! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 AM

    Yes! I want a roomba too. We even saw one over here at Costco, but we don't want to get one here because of the voltage difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO want one of those. Don't they come in pink, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROOOOOOOOOOMBA!!! I have been craving (craving? is that the right word choice?) one too! Lucky you.

    Did you name it yet? Anything that roams around your house like a little pet should definitely have a name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i sooooooo NEED one of those!! Where can i get one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of these! The other day I was reading about them online. When I clicked on one, guess what the very first sentence was? "Domo arigato, Mister Roboto." Hee hee hee. I know you love BOTH of your Mr. Robotos.

    ReplyDelete