2.06.2007

The Race for the Cure

Sure, it's snowing like crazy outside and freezing, but that's okay. I've been thinking a lot today about the Komen Foundation Race for the Cure. My mom and I walked the race last year and have already signed up to do it again this year. We don't run the 5K; we walk it together. We're not runners. I don't want to become a runner. It's funny, though. The cold winter always makes me think of my mom-she always had the best hot chocolate ready for us when we would come in from sledding, and was always ready to throw snowballs, make snow angels, and just have a good time in the snow with us. Then, we'd pull off all the layers of outside clothes, sit inside and make cookies and do puzzles.

My mom is such a wonderful and amazing woman. And, she has already survived so much. She's one of my best friends; I love to talk to her, to laugh with her, and to grow from just being her little girl to being someone she trusts and confides in, as well. Her breast cancer is just one of the things she has had to overcome in her lifetime.

To learn more about the Race or to see a wonderful pic of mom and I, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment