5.18.2006

Here Comes the Sun!

After a week of endless rain, the sun has reappeared over southern Indiana and I couldn't be happier! Well, I guess there is always a chance I could be happier, but I am totally enjoying the sunshine this morning. I opened my bedroom blinds and stood there in the window like a plant soaking up the sun and feeling it warm me from head to toe. I totally needed that sunshine this morning, too. It's been a crazy week here. There is something going on every night, which is exhasting, but it keeps me busy. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to unwind at the end of the day as quickly as I usually do, so I've been up later than I really want to be.

I'm about 20-30 pages away from finishing "The Poisonwood Bible." It's a really good book, but requires more thought than I've had to put into a book for some time, so I feel like it's taking me forever to actually get it finished. I'm absorbing it slowly, and enjoying it greatly. I think part of it is the anti-English major in me. Once I stopped taking classes that forced me to read "real" literature, I took time to just read simple, easy books that didn't require a lot of thought or introspection. It's been good for me, though. Not sure what I'll read next. I need to go to the library, but I'm pretty sure I have a fine that I have to pay and I never have any cash on me.

Tim & I found out which apartment we will be living in after we're married yesterday. He's actually moving in July, which is fine. It's exciting to have an address and a place to call home. I think it will be fun to help him move in and then to arrange things so it feels like ours. Part of me thinks it will be really hard to not live together from July-October, but we've waited this long what's another 3 and 1/2 months? My hope is to have pretty much everything moved before the wedding, though, so that we can just clean and turn in the keys when we get back from the honeymoon. That's the plan as of right now.

Right now I only have plans for maybe one night next week, and I am very much looking forward to sitting around and doing 'nothing.' I'm sure it won't really be nothing, but right now that's what it looks like on paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment