10.19.2005

Random Observations from a Random World

Since I haven't been writing as much lately, I thought I would just run down some of the random things that have been taking place in and around my life lately. Each one will probalby get a blog entry all to itself in the near future, but here are some highlights.

1. Saturday night we had a Jars of Clay concert here at SOCC. They were joined by Sara Groves and Donald Miller. It was one of the better concerts I've been to in my life (not that I've really been to a lot, but still). Donald Miller is a hilarious speaker and writer. He is also moving and touching and interesting and real. I want to get read his newest work, Through Painted Deserts, and am already looking forward to his unpublished piece, To Own a Dragon. He may have jumped several rungs on the ladder of favorite authors in a very short amount of time. Sara Groves is a pure voice with a pure heart and I've enjoyed her for a long time. I think the fact that she's always been honest about her faith and her life is appealing. And Jars of Clay. What is there to say? I had forgotten how much I loved their music and their sound. I had forgotten how much they are able to move me. From their earliest hits to the latest on the Redemption Songs CD, it was amazing. They were humble, interesting, and captivating performers. it was a great night.

2. I bought a pair of cords yesterday for the first time since I was a little kid. I honestly don't think I've owned a pair of them since I was in middle school. I'm pretty sure they were out of vogue for awhile there in high school, but they are back. I really like them. They're comfortable. It's funny getting used to them again. I especially like the way they make noise when I walk. Anyway. New pants are always fun. (I think that may be the funniest statement I've written in awhile).

3. I woke up at 1:00 this morning to a really strange noise. It woke me up from a dream that I was bordering on being scary. I had that feeling that bad things were going to happen, and then there was this whirring noise. Turns out that my neighbor decided that he needed to mow his yard - at 1:00 in the morning. It was the strangest thing in the world. I sat in my bed and watched a man mowing his yard and singing at 1:00 in the morning. It was almost an out of body experience.

4. Yoplait now has chocolate yogurt. I love chocolate, so these work well for me. I am enjoying them greatly.

5. Have I mentioned yet how great my weekend was? There was nothing (other than the above mentioned concert) that was super-spectacular, but it was just great. I laughed hard and just felt wonderful. Loved, cherished, and enjoyed. Tim and I just had so much fun together this weekend. I am so happy and so in love and so blessed to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment